Federal, State, County, and Local Governments
Governing agencies are faced with a wide scope of risk-related issues that are projected to grow in the coming years. It is imperative that governmental agencies are prepared to face these upcoming challenges. Taylor & Mulder can help in the government’s effort to evaluate risks and provide solutions to problems.
The consultants at Taylor & Mulder have a long and substantial history of working for Federal Agencies. Our consultants have been involved in a Products Liability study for the Department of Commerce, studies for HUD and for the Resolution Trust Corporation. Taylor & Mulder is registered in the Central Contractor Registration system (CCR CAGE Number 54RF3) as a woman owned small business.
Our actuaries have extensive experience with the longer tail liability lines such as hospital and physicians’ and surgeons’ professional liability, products liability, general liability, workers’ compensation, and commercial automobile liability. Taylor & Mulder actuaries have provided advice on numerous self-insured clients that have retained the risks for these long tail lines of business for the Federal Governments and State, County, and Local Governments.
Services to Federal, State, County, and Local Governments
We provide a variety of services to governmental clients, including, but not limited to:
- Projection of Ultimate Loss and Loss Adjustment Expense
- Determination of Budget Levels
- Calculation of Discounted Liabilities
- Recommendation of Funding Levels by Entity
- Allocation of Group Self-Insured’s Costs to Individual Participants
- Assessment of Needed Capital
- Determination of Optimal Retentions for Self-Insurers
- Calculation of Confidence Levels
- Expense Analysis
- Evaluation of Excess Insurance Value and Alternatives
- Assistance in Negotiations with Excess Insurers
- Cash Flow Analysis for Budgeting Purposes and Planning
- Review of Reserves on all Self-Insured Lines of Business including Lifetime Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Identification and Suggestions for Remedies for Data Problems.
- Identification of Trends in Frequency and Severity
- Preparation of Certifications, Exhibits, Documentation, Actuarial Reports and Other Support Functions
- Calculations of ‘what if’ Analyses for a Variety of Financial Conditions and the Financial Implications
- Assistance in GASB10 Compliance